Plumbing and Tiling in Wakefield, Leeds, West Yorkshire
Wet Rooms, Bathroom, En-suites & General Plumbing and Tiling



Do you charge for quote?

 FREE written quote can be provided after a survey has been completed.  


Do you use subcontractors?
It depends on the installation. We do all plumbing, tiling and tanking work ourselves. When specialist subcontractors are required we will use only professionals known to us.


How long will it take to install my bathroom?
It depends on the installation. Most bathrooms are complete in two weeks. We prefer to take a little longer to install your bathroom enabling us to give attention to detail and maintain our high standard of installation. We do not work on more than one installation at a time, when we start your installation we will be on site until completion.


Can my bathroom layout be rearranged?
Yes, usually the layout of a bathroom can be rearranged. Rearranging a bathroom usually adds to the amount of work involved resulting in an increase in time and cost.


Will my wet room leak?
No. A properly installed wet room using the tanking products that we recommend will not leak. Installing a wet room is certainly not a DIY job and should be undertaken by a specialist company.


Can I have a bath in my wet room?
Usually a wet room consists of a shower, WC and hand basin. However there is no reason that a bath cannot be included.


Do you install under floor heating?
Yes we do. Under floor heating compliments the wet room and contemporary bathroom design beautifully. Not only will you experience the luxury that under floor heating offers, but it also helps to dry wet areas in a wet room environment more quickly.


What is Part P and how does it affect me?
From January 1st 2005 the design, installation, inspection and testing of electrical installations will be controlled under the Building Regulations. When the time comes to sell your property, your purchaser's surveyors will ask for evidence that "notifiable" domestic electrical work, installed after 1st January 2005 complies with the new Building Regulations.

Part P covers all works on fixed wiring systems but certain work classed as "minor" does not necessitate notification to Building Control. The replacement of accessories such as socket outlets, switches and ceiling roses in any location (including bathrooms) is classed as minor work.

However, some electrical works carried out in bathrooms are classified as notifiable. Where notifiable works are proposed we will recommend a competent person to carry out these works in accordance with Part P.


Do I need a pump?
Most homes in Britain use a low pressure vented gravity system relying on the height of the cold water storage tank in the loft to provide the pressure and water flow in the house. Given the restriction on the height of the tank, such houses suffer from low pressure (often less than half a bar).

Realistically the modern bathroom requires 2 or 3 bar pressure, making a pump a necessity rather than a luxury.

Some homes in Britain (mostly new build homes) use an unvented system where the mains water pressurises the water system in the house often giving very high water pressure (in excess of 2 bar). These systems cannot be pumped but luckily the pressure supplied by the water board should be sufficient for modern bathroom equipment (see Can I have a pump? below).


How can I tell what system I have?
Check if you have the following:

A cold water storage tank (usually in the loft)
A hot water cylinder (usually in the airing cupboard)
Gas boiler - if you use gas central heating you should have a boiler
Electric heating - the hot water cylinder will have an electric immersion heater to heat the water

Combination Boilers/Instantaneous Water Heaters
Wall mounted boiler that fires up when you turn on the hot tap
unlimited hot water
No hot water cylinder
No cold water storage tank
N.B. You cannot use a pump with combination boilers

Unvented (Mega flow)
No cold water storage tank
Pressure expansion vessel on top of the hot water cylinder
the label on the hot water cylinder often says "Mega flow" or "Pressurised system"
The hot and cold water will flow from the bathroom taps at the same pressure as the cold water in the kitchen


Can I have a pump?
Gravity systems
it is essential to pump gravity systems if you want a modern bathroom. You will need to check that your cold water storage tank is big enough (minimum of 50 gallons, but for large homes we recommend 100 gallon tanks). Also check that the hot water cylinder is large enough to prevent the heated water running out halfway through that long "hot" bath. For a normal family home a 27 gallon cylinder should be sufficient, but a larger home may require a 37 gallon cylinder. Upgrading either a storage tank or hot water cylinder should cost approximately £400 for parts and labour.

Unvented mains systems (Mega flow)
some new build homes use this system. These cannot be pumped, but luckily the pressure supplied by the water board should be sufficient for modern bathroom equipment. Mains pressure does vary from region to region, season to season and the time of day. If you have any doubt your local water board can provide minimum and maximum mains pressure for your street. Remember, you need a minimum of 2 bar.

Combination boilers/Instantaneous water heaters
given the lack of stored water these systems cannot be pumped. However, given that they use mains water pressure channelled through a combination boiler the pressure is often good enough to power modern taps and a shower valve. A good modern combination boiler with average mains pressure will give approximately 1.5 bar pressure, but old boilers or very basic models may provide less that this. We do not recommend the use of body jets, diverters or 4 function shower heads with combination boilers; as such items cause severe restrictions to the water flow. 2 bar pressure should be the minimum